Apple on Wednesday introduced the Apple Watch Series 4, a brand-new version of its best-selling smartwatch.
The new watch — which Apple announced on stage at its annual iPhone event in Cupertino, California — is an update to last year’s version, the Apple Watch Series 3.
The new watch has new features, like the ability to measure your heart rate with an electrocardiogram, and a hardware redesign that gives it a larger display.
The Apple Watch Series 4 will come in two versions, aluminum or stainless steel, in three colors: gold, silver, and space gray. The watch will start at $399.
Here’s a rundown of the specs:
- A nearly edge-to-edge display — Apple says the screen is 30% larger than previous versions.
- Two new, larger sizes: 40 mm and 44 mm.
- New watch faces, including one with up to eight customizable complications, or special features.
- A digital crown now with haptic feedback.
- A speaker that’s 50% louder, meaning it’s better for making phone calls and using the Siri voice assistant.
- A back now made from ceramic and crystal, meaning radio waves can pass through the front and back for better cellular reception.
- A new S4 chip.
- A faster 64-bit processor.
- A new accelerometer and gyroscope that let the watch detect falls.
- New heart-rate tracking, including a new low-heart-rate notification and atrial-fibrillation detection.
- Built-in sensors that let you take an electrocardiogram, or ECG. Apple says it has received clearance from the Food and Drug Administration for its heart-rate-tracking features.
- Water-resistance and built-in GPS, like the Apple Watch Series 3.
- 18 hours of battery life.
- Apple’s new smartwatch operating system, watchOS 5.
The Apple Watch Series 4 will go on sale on Friday and be available September 21. WatchOS 5 will be available on Monday.
Tips: How to Enjoy Spotify Music on Apple Watch
Spotify app is not supported by Apple Watch, and the music from Spotify can’t be taken outside of Spotify client for playback. So if you want to transfer some Spotify songs to Apple Watch for streaming, the best way is to convert Spotify music to plain MP3 format.
NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter is an excellent Spotify music converting tool, which can help you download and convert any track, album, playlist from Spotify to MP3, AAC, FLAC or WAV format at 5X speed with 100% original quality kept. With the help of this smart tool, you can easily download Spotify music as MP3 format and transfer to Apple Watch for enjoying.
- Remove DRM protection from Spotify music.
- Convert Spotify music to plain MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC.
- Record songs at 5X speed with 100% lossless quality kept.
- Keep ID3 tags after conversion.
- Burn Spotify music to CD easily.
- Support the Windows 10 Store version of Spotify.